Gnudb.org a new home for the freedb.org database to make sure it stays free.
In 2006 gnudb.org started hosting the cddb service to make sure that it would stay alive and free. Now 14 years later we have seen that Magix, the owner of freedb.org has decided to take the cddb service on freedb down (in 2020). As we stated in 2006 on gnudb.org "A new home for the freedb.org database to make sure it stays free.", we now have to stay to our promise and do our best to make sure it is available for all the music lovers.
It is now possible to post updates to gnudb.gnudb.org via mail and cgi script.
Set your favorite cddb aware program to submit via:
or via mail to:
If you have any questions or thoughts about the use of gnudb.org, you can mail to email@example.com
Most popular disc titles:
- Dream Theater / A View From The Top Of The World
- Duran Duran / Future Past (Deluxe Edition)
- Dire Straits / Brothers In Arms
- U2 / The Joshua Tree
- Beatles / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
- Nirvana / Nevermind
- NORAH JONES / Come away with me
- Rolling Stones / Tattoo You CD2
- Coldplay / A Rush Of Blood To The Head
- Coldplay / Music of the spheres
- Helene Fischer / Rausch
- Pink Floyd / The Dark Side of the Moon
- Pink Floyd / The Division Bell
- Pink Floyd / Wish You Were Here
- The Beatles / Let It Be (Remix)
- Various Artists / Bravo Hits 115 - CD1
- Queen / Greatest Hits II
- Alanis Morissette / Jagged Little Pill
- Eric Clapton / Unplugged
- Iron Maiden / Senjutsu (Disc 1)
- John Coltrane / A Love Supreme (Live in Seattle, October 2nd 1965
- Lana Del Rey / Blue Banisters
- Miles Davis / Kind of Blue
- Queen / Greatest Hits
- Beatles / The Beatles (White Album)
- Bryan Adams / So Far So Good
- Buena Vista Social Club / Buena Vista Social Club
- Cradle Of Filth / Existence Is Futile
- Dire Straits / Dire Straits
- Iron Maiden / Senjutsu [Disc 2]
Important notice:if you are using fre:ac version 1.1.3, you should update it. There is a bug in the program, resulting in wrong discid and/or track offset, which will result in your submission of new entries to GnuDB being rejected by the server.
GnuDB is non-commercial and depends on donations.