Gnudb.org a new home for the freedb.org database to make sure it stays free.
If you are from Russsia you may see this:
GnuDB is closed for Russia in sympathy with the Ukrainian people.
In 2006 gnudb.org started hosting the cddb service to make sure that it would stay alive and free. Now 14 years later we have seen that Magix, the owner of freedb.org has decided to take the cddb service on freedb down (in 2020). As we stated in 2006 on gnudb.org "A new home for the freedb.org database to make sure it stays free.", we now have to stay to our promise and do our best to make sure it is available for all the music lovers.
It is now possible to post updates to gnudb.gnudb.org via mail and cgi script.
Set your favorite cddb aware program to submit via:
or via mail to:
If you have any questions or thoughts about the use of gnudb.org, you can mail to email@example.com
Most popular disc titles:
- Rammstein / Zeit
- Pink Floyd / the Dark Side of the Moon
- Norah Jones / Come Away with Me
- Queen / Greatest Hits
- The Rolling Stones / Live At El Mocambo 1977 (CD 1)
- Florence The Machine / Dance Fever
- The Rolling Stones / Live At El Mocambo 1977 (CD 2)
- 米津玄帥 / M八七
- Adele / 30
- Dire Straits / Brothers in Arms
- Paul Simon / Graceland
- Alanis Morissette / Jagged Little Pill
- Coldplay / Parachutes
- Fleetwood Mac / Rumours
- Radiohead / OK Computer
- Red Hot Chili Peppers / Unlimited Love
- Bon Jovi / Slippery When Wet
- Eric Clapton / Unplugged
- Madonna / The Immaculate Collection
- Nirvana / Nevermind
- The Black Keys / Dropout Boogie
- U2 / Achtung Baby
- Various / AUDIO 06-2022 - The Heart of Blues
- ABBA / Gold: Greatest Hits
- Black Sabbath / Black Sabbath
- Evanescence / Fallen
- Miles Davis / Kind Of Blue
- Pearl Jam / Ten
- Phil Collins / But Seriously
- Queen / Greatest Hits II
Important notice:if you are using fre:ac version 1.1.3, you should update it. There is a bug in the program, resulting in wrong discid and/or track offset, which will result in your submission of new entries to GnuDB being rejected by the server.
GnuDB is non-commercial and depends on donations.