Gnudb.org a new home for the freedb.org database to make sure it stays free.
If you are from Russsia you may see this:
GnuDB is closed for Russia in sympathy with the Ukrainian people.
To avoid breaking any software which is dependent on the service gnudb.gnudb.org is free and available via the cddbp, http and https protocol for non commercial use for an individual and not anonymous person.
In 2006 gnudb.org started hosting the cddb service to make sure that it would stay alive and free. Now 14 years later we have seen that Magix, the owner of freedb.org has decided to take the cddb service on freedb down (in 2020). As we stated in 2006 on gnudb.org "A new home for the freedb.org database to make sure it stays free.", we now have to stay to our promise and do our best to make sure it is available for all the music lovers, for non commercial use.
It is now possible to post updates to gnudb.gnudb.org via mail and cgi script.
Set your favorite cddb aware program to submit via:
or via mail to:
If you have any questions or thoughts about the use of gnudb.org, you can mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Most popular disc titles:
- Slipknot / The End, So Far
- Dire Straits / Brothers in arms
- Pink Floyd / The Dark Side Of The Moon
- Pink Floyd / Animals (2018 Remix)
- Pink Floyd / Wish You Were Here
- Queen / Greatest Hits II
- Various / Bravo Hits 119 - CD1
- Pink Floyd / The Wall
- Various / Bravo Hits 119 - CD2
- Ozzy Osbourne / Patient Number 9
- Pink Floyd / Animals
- Björk / Fossora
- Pixies / Doggerel
- Red Hot Chili Peppers / Californication
- Santana / Supernatural
- U2 / The Joshua Tree
- Megadeth / The Sick, the Dying... and the Dead!
- Rammstein / Zeit
- The Beatles / 1
- Dire Straits / On Every Street
- Eric Clapton / Unplugged
- George Michael / Older
- Led Zeppelin / Led Zeppelin II
- Madonna / The IMMACULATE Collection
- Norah Jones / Come Away with Me
- The Cranberries / No Need to Argue
- ABBA / Gold: Greatest Hits
- Amy Winehouse / Back to Black
- Coldplay / X&Y
- Diana Krall / The Look Of Love
gnudb.gnudb.org status:Database entries: 4660406
Database entries by category:
Important notice:if you are using fre:ac version 1.1.3, you should update it. There is a bug in the program, resulting in wrong discid and/or track offset, which will result in your submission of new entries to GnuDB being rejected by the server.
GnuDB is non-commercial and depends on donations.