Gnudb.org a new home for the freedb.org database to make sure it stays free.
In 2006 gnudb.org started hosting the cddb service to make sure that it would stay alive and free. Now 14 years later we have seen that Magix, the owner of freedb.org has decided to take the cddb service on freedb down (in 2020). As we stated in 2006 on gnudb.org "A new home for the freedb.org database to make sure it stays free.", we now have to stay to our promise and do our best to make sure it is available for all the music lovers.
It is now possible to post updates to gnudb.gnudb.org via mail and cgi script.
Set your favorite cddb aware program to submit via:
or via mail to:
If you have any questions or thoughts about the use of gnudb.org, you can mail to email@example.com
Most popular disc titles:
- Dream Theater / A View From The Top Of The World
- Rolling Stones / Tattoo You CD2
- Pink Floyd / The Dark Side Of The Moon
- U2 / The Joshua Tree
- Coldplay / Music of the spheres
- NORAH JONES / Come away with me
- The Beatles / Let It Be (Remix)
- Coldplay / A Rush of Blood to the Head
- Duran Duran / Future Past (Deluxe Edition)
- Dire Straits / Brothers In Arms
- Nirvana / Nevermind
- Sarah McLachlan / Surfacing
- Alanis Morissette / Jagged Little Pill
- Beatles / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
- Eminem / The Marshall Mathers LP
- Iron Maiden / Senjutsu (Disc 1)
- Lana Del Rey / Blue Banisters
- Miles Davis / Kind Of Blue
- Pink Floyd / Wish you were here
- Queen / Greatest Hits
- Queen / Greatest Hits II
- Santana / Supernatural
- Tom Petty / Wildflowers
- Bryan Adams / So Far So Good
- Cradle Of Filth / Existence Is Futile
- Guns N' Roses / Use Your Illusion II
- Helene Fischer / Rausch
- Iron Maiden / Brave new world
- Iron Maiden / Senjutsu [Disc 2]
- Metallica / Kill 'Em All
Important notice:if you are using fre:ac version 1.1.3, you should update it. There is a bug in the program, resulting in wrong discid and/or track offset, which will result in your submission of new entries to GnuDB being rejected by the server.
GnuDB is non-commercial and depends on donations.