Gnudb.org a new home for the freedb.org database to make sure it stays free.
In 2006 gnudb.org started hosting the cddb service to make sure that it would stay alive and free. Now 14 years later we have seen that Magix, the owner of freedb.org has decided to take the cddb service on freedb down (in 2020). As we stated in 2006 on gnudb.org "A new home for the freedb.org database to make sure it stays free.", we now have to stay to our promise and do our best to make sure it is available for all the music lovers.
It is now possible to post updates to gnudb.gnudb.org via mail and cgi script.
Set your favorite cddb aware program to submit via:
or via mail to:
If you have any questions or thoughts about the use of gnudb.org, you can mail to email@example.com
Most popular disc titles:
- The Beatles / Get Back LP - 1969 Glyn Johns Mix
- The Beatles / Let It Be (Remix)
- The Beatles / Let It Be Disc Five EP
- Coldplay / Music of the spheres
- The Beatles / Get Back - Apple Sessions
- The Beatles / Let It Be Disc Three Get Back - Rehearsals And Appl
- Helene Fischer / Rausch
- Iron Maiden / Senjutsu (Disc 1)
- Iron Maiden / Senjutsu [Disc 2]
- Nirvana / Nevermind
- Alanis Morissette / Jagged Little Pill
- The Beatles / Let It Be - New Mix Of Original Album
- Various Artists / Bravo Hits 115 - CD1
- Helene Fischer / Rausch - CD2
- Pink Floyd / The Dark Side of the Moon
- Pink Floyd / Wish You Were Here
- Santana / Supernatural
- Buena Vista Social Club / Buena Vista Social Club
- Eric Clapton / Unplugged
- Green Day / Dookie
- Madonna / Ray Of Light
- Metallica / ...And Justice for All
- Norah Jones / Feels Like Home
- Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark / Architecture & Morality (The
- Queen / Greatest Hits II
- The Beatles / Let It Be
- VARI / Bravo Hits 115 CD2
- ABBA / Gold - Greatest Hits
- ABBA / Gold: Greatest Hits
- Dire Straits / Dire Straits
Important notice:if you are using fre:ac version 1.1.3, you should update it. There is a bug in the program, resulting in wrong discid and/or track offset, which will result in your submission of new entries to GnuDB being rejected by the server.
GnuDB is non-commercial and depends on donations.