Gnudb.org a new home for the freedb.org database to make sure it stays free.
In 2006 gnudb.org started hosting the cddb service to make sure that it would stay alive and free. Now 14 years later we have seen that Magix, the owner of freedb.org has decided to take the cddb service on freedb down (in 2020). As we stated in 2006 on gnudb.org "A new home for the freedb.org database to make sure it stays free.", we now have to stay to our promise and do our best to make sure it is available for all the music lovers.
It is now possible to post updates to gnudb.gnudb.org via mail and cgi script.
Set your favorite cddb aware program to submit via:
or via mail to:
If you have any questions or thoughts about the use of gnudb.org, you can mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Most popular disc titles:
- Coldplay / Music of the spheres
- The Beatles / Get Back LP - 1969 Glyn Johns Mix
- The Beatles / Let It Be (Remix)
- The Beatles / Let It Be Disc Five EP
- The Beatles / Let It Be Disc Three Get Back - Rehearsals And Appl
- Helene Fischer / Rausch
- The Beatles / Get Back - Apple Sessions
- Iron Maiden / Senjutsu (Disc 1)
- Iron Maiden / Senjutsu [Disc 2]
- Pink Floyd / The Dark Side of the Moon
- Nirvana / Nevermind
- Various Artists / Bravo Hits 115 - CD1
- Alanis Morissette / Jagged Little Pill
- Queen / Greatest Hits II
- Dire Straits / Brothers in Arms
- Helene Fischer / Rausch - CD2
- Madonna / Ray Of Light
- Norah Jones / Feels Like Home
- Pink Floyd / Wish You Were Here
- VARI / Bravo Hits 115 CD2
- Adele / 25
- Buena Vista Social Club / Buena Vista Social Club
- Eric Clapton / Unplugged
- Metallica / ...And Justice for All
- NORAH JONES / Come away with me
- The Beatles / Let It Be - New Mix Of Original Album
- ABBA / Gold - Greatest Hits
- Green Day / Dookie
- Led Zeppelin / Led Zeppelin III
- Nirvana / In Utero
Important notice:if you are using fre:ac version 1.1.3, you should update it. There is a bug in the program, resulting in wrong discid and/or track offset, which will result in your submission of new entries to GnuDB being rejected by the server.
GnuDB is non-commercial and depends on donations.