Gnudb.org a new home for the freedb.org database to make sure it stays free.
In 2006 gnudb.org started hosting the cddb service to make sure that it would stay alive and free. Now 14 years later we have seen that Magix, the owner of freedb.org has decided to take the cddb service on freedb down (in 2020). As we stated in 2006 on gnudb.org "A new home for the freedb.org database to make sure it stays free.", we now have to stay to our promise and do our best to make sure it is available for all the music lovers.
It is now possible to post updates to gnudb.gnudb.org via mail and cgi script.
Set your favorite cddb aware program to submit via:
or via mail to:
If you have any questions or thoughts about the use of gnudb.org, you can mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Most popular disc titles:
- Dream Theater / A View From the Top of the World
- Coldplay / Music of the spheres
- Pink Floyd / The Dark Side Of The Moon
- Dire Straits / Brothers in Arms
- Iron Maiden / Senjutsu (Disc 1)
- Santana / Supernatural
- Queen / Greatest Hits II
- Duran Duran / Future Past (Deluxe Edition)
- Iron Maiden / Senjutsu [Disc 2]
- The Beatles / Let It Be (Remix)
- Fleetwood Mac / Greatest Hits
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds / B-Sides & Rarities Part Two - Volume
- Pink Floyd / Dark Side Of The Moon
- U2 / Achtung Baby
- U2 / The Joshua Tree
- Buena Vista Social Club / Buena Vista Social Club
- Dire Straits / Dire Straits
- Guns N' Roses / Use Your Illusion II
- Helene Fischer / Rausch
- Nirvana / Nevermind
- Queen / Greatest Hits
- Red Hot Chili Peppers / Blood Sugar Sex Magik
- The Dave Brubeck Quartet / Time Out
- Zaz / Isa
- Alanis Morissette / Jagged Little Pill
- Bee Gees / The Record, Their Greatest Hits CD2
- Carole King / Tapestry
- Coldplay / A Rush Of Blood To The Head
- Coldplay / X&Y
- Dido / Life For Rent
Important notice:if you are using fre:ac version 1.1.3, you should update it. There is a bug in the program, resulting in wrong discid and/or track offset, which will result in your submission of new entries to GnuDB being rejected by the server.
GnuDB is non-commercial and depends on donations.