Gnudb.org a new home for the freedb.org database to make sure it stays free.
In 2006 gnudb.org started hosting the cddb service to make sure that it would stay alive and free. Now 14 years later we have seen that Magix, the owner of freedb.org has decided to take the cddb service on freedb down (in 2020). As we stated in 2006 on gnudb.org "A new home for the freedb.org database to make sure it stays free.", we now have to stay to our promise and do our best to make sure it is available for all the music lovers.
It is now possible to post updates to gnudb.gnudb.org via mail and cgi script.
Set your favorite cddb aware program to submit via:
or via mail to:
If you have any questions or thoughts about the use of gnudb.org, you can mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Most popular disc titles:
- The Beatles / Let It Be (Remix)
- Coldplay / Music of the spheres
- The Beatles / Get Back LP - 1969 Glyn Johns Mix
- The Beatles / Get Back - Apple Sessions
- The Beatles / Let It Be Disc Three Get Back - Rehearsals And Appl
- The Beatles / Let It Be Disc Five EP
- Alanis Morissette / Jagged Little Pill
- The Beatles / Let It Be - New Mix Of Original Album
- Pink Floyd / The Dark Side Of The Moon
- Adele / 25
- Queen / Greatest Hits
- Guns N' Roses / Appetite For Destruction
- Nirvana / Nevermind
- Norah Jones / Come Away with Me
- Pink Floyd / Wish you were here
- U2 / Achtung Baby
- Coldplay / A Rush Of Blood To The Head
- Eric Clapton / Unplugged
- Adele / 21
- Dire Straits / Brothers in Arms
- Dire Straits / On Every Street
- Iron Maiden / Senjutsu (Disc 1)
- Iron Maiden / Senjutsu [Disc 2]
- PINK FLOYD / ATOM HEART MOTHER
- Queen / Greatest Hits II
- Sting / Brand New Day
- Bryan Adams / So Far So Good
- Dido / Life for Rent
- Dire Straits / Dire Straits
- Madonna / The Immaculate Collection
Important notice:if you are using fre:ac version 1.1.3, you should update it. There is a bug in the program, resulting in wrong discid and/or track offset, which will result in your submission of new entries to GnuDB being rejected by the server.
GnuDB is non-commercial and depends on donations.