Gnudb.org a new home for the freedb.org database to make sure it stays free.
In 2006 gnudb.org started hosting the cddb service to make sure that it would stay alive and free. Now 14 years later we have seen that Magix, the owner of freedb.org has decided to take the cddb service on freedb down (in 2020). As we stated in 2006 on gnudb.org "A new home for the freedb.org database to make sure it stays free.", we now have to stay to our promise and do our best to make sure it is available for all the music lovers.
It is now possible to post updates to gnudb.gnudb.org via mail and cgi script.
Set your favorite cddb aware program to submit via:
or via mail to:
If you have any questions or thoughts about the use of gnudb.org, you can mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Most popular disc titles:
- Dream Theater / A View From The Top Of The World
- Coldplay / Music of the spheres
- QUEEN / Greatest Hits
- Buena Vista Social Club / Buena Vista Social Club
- Queen / Greatest Hits II
- Helene Fischer / Rausch
- U2 / Achtung Baby
- Dire Straits / Brothers in Arms
- Nirvana / Nevermind
- Pink Floyd / Wish you were here
- Bruce Springsteen / Born In The U.S.A.
- Iron Maiden / Senjutsu (Disc 1)
- The Beatles / Let It Be (Remix)
- The Rolling Stones / Tatoo You
- Cradle Of Filth / Existence Is Futile
- Iron Maiden / Senjutsu [Disc 2]
- Norah Jones / Come Away with Me
- Pink Floyd / The Division Bell
- Radiohead / OK Computer
- The Beatles / Abbey Road
- Zaz / Isa
- AC-DC / Back In Black
- Alanis Morissette / Jagged Little Pill
- Dire Straits / Love Over Gold
- Duran Duran / Future Past (Deluxe Edition)
- Lana Del Rey / Blue Banisters
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds / B-Sides & Rarities Part Two - Volume
- Pearl Jam / Ten
- Beatles / 1
- Beatles / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Important notice:if you are using fre:ac version 1.1.3, you should update it. There is a bug in the program, resulting in wrong discid and/or track offset, which will result in your submission of new entries to GnuDB being rejected by the server.
GnuDB is non-commercial and depends on donations.