Gnudb.org a new home for the freedb.org database to make sure it stays free.
In 2006 gnudb.org started hosting the cddb service to make sure that it would stay alive and free. Now 14 years later we have seen that Magix, the owner of freedb.org has decided to take the cddb service on freedb down (in 2020). As we stated in 2006 on gnudb.org "A new home for the freedb.org database to make sure it stays free.", we now have to stay to our promise and do our best to make sure it is available for all the music lovers.
It is now possible to post updates to gnudb.gnudb.org via mail and cgi script.
Set your favorite cddb aware program to submit via:
or via mail to:
If you have any questions or thoughts about the use of gnudb.org, you can mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Most popular disc titles:
- The Beatles / 1970 - Let It Be
- The Beatles / Let It Be
- The Beatles / Let It Be (Remix)
- Beatles / Let It Be
- The Beatles / Let It Be - New Mix Of Original Album
- Dire Straits / Brothers in Arms
- Queen / Greatest Hits
- Various Artists / Audiophile Pearls Vol. 31
- Various Artists / Bravo Hits 115 - CD1
- The Beatles / Get Back LP - 1969 Glyn Johns Mix
- VARI / Bravo Hits 115 CD2
- Dire Straits / Dire Straits
- Dire straits / On every street
- Santana / Supernatural
- Alanis Morissette / Jagged Little Pill
- Coldplay / A Rush Of Blood To The Head
- Dire Straits / Love Over Gold
- Dire Straits / Making Movies
- Iron Maiden / Senjutsu (Disc 1)
- Madonna / The Immaculate Collection
- Queen / Greatest hits II
- ワルキューレ / Walkure Reborn!
- Dire Straits / Money For Nothing
- Hans Zimmer / No Time To Die - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- Iron Maiden / Senjutsu [Disc 2]
- Nirvana / Nevermind
- NORAH JONES / Come away with me
- Dire Straits / Communiqué
- Eric Clapton / Unplugged
- Pink Floyd / The Dark Side Of The Moon
Important notice:if you are using fre:ac version 1.1.3, you should update it. There is a bug in the program, resulting in wrong discid and/or track offset, which will result in your submission of new entries to GnuDB being rejected by the server.
GnuDB is non-commercial and depends on donations.